Looking for a tasty beverage to drink during the holidays, then try this Haitian style drink called Cremas. My version of the drink is vegan with the option to omit the alcohol.
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup almond milk (236ml)
- 2 cups cream of coconut (475ml)
- 1-2 cups vegan condensed coconut milk (236ml-475ml) see notes for the link
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp star anise extract optional
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 cups barbancourt rhum (236ml-475ml) or rum flavouring see notes
Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
Blend into a smooth consistency.
Pour the drink into a bottle and refrigerate/serve accordingly.
- To keep the recipe vegan, you will want to use my Vegan Condensed milk. The recipe should be enough to cover this one.
- If you can't get hold of cream of coconut, chill 2 cans of FULL FAT coconut milk (must be full fat or it won't work) in the refrigerator and scoop it out and mix it with ¾ cup maple syrup/agave.
- Cremas is an extremely sweet drink, I only used about about 1 cup or less of condensed milk because I don't have a insatiable hunger for sweet drinks.
- You may want to do a taste test for sweetness and alcohol content as you go along. Start with half the amount stated and adjust to YOUR preference.
- If you are using rum flavouring/essence, you will need about 1-3 tbsp, again test taste as you go along.
- Keep you cremas refrigerated at all times, if you are using alcohol it should help to preserve it for some weeks.
- Non alcoholic cremas will have a short life span of about a week (we finish ours in less than a week).
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 95g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 1mg