How to make vegan mayonnaise that is eggless, free from soy and taste just like the real thing, using only a handful of common pantry ingredients.
Here is another variation recipe, this time I’m doing it vegan style. I must say these past few weeks I’ve been very much pro-vegan.
I haven’t really been consuming meat as much as I used to, not that I’m complaining.
This blogging avenue has open up my eyes to some many non-animal based meals that I could easily give up meat tomorrow and not miss it.
Yes, I’m that serious you guys……so watch this space, you never know what direction my blog might take next.
Now let’s talk more about mayonnaise…or should I say mayo. Well mayonnaise is a thick creamy dressing that’s very popular within the food industry.
Consumers and food enthusiasts are very serious about their dressing, you will never find a restaurant or food establishment which doesn’t offer some form of dressing or have it placed on the table, readily available to use.
Based on it’s value in society I thought it was time for me to step up my A game with some foolproof mayo only vegan style – no eggs used and definitely free from those dreaded additives and preservatives.
What I did was puree some blanched almonds in the blender with some other condiments – mustard powder, black pepper, pink salt, lemon and coconut oil. You can used sunflower seeds instead of almonds and yield the same results – I have tried both.
The coconut oil will give the mixture a wonderful silky smooth texture with some medium chain fats that are easily digestible and optimise our body’s good fats.
No more boring salads, salad just got healthy again with my vegan mayonnaise recipe
Thank me later 😉Print
Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, paleo
- 1/2 cup of blanched almonds or sunflower seeds (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender with the exception of the coconut oil and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Begin to add a small amount of coconut oil to the blender until the right consistency is achieved. Pour in some more if necessary then taste and season accordingly.
- When finished store in a jar and use within a few days.