Chocolate avocado ice cream – dairy free chocolate ice cream made with avocado and coconut milk made in a food processor or ice cream maker.
When the weather is sizzling hot that the time when you start to think about ice cream. If you’re looking for an tasty non dairy dessert then my chocolate avocado ice cream should satisfy your needs. The steps are so easy to follow and can be made with ease with or without an ice cream maker
How to make chocolate avocado ice cream
This creamy ice cream is quite easy to make and the good news is it can be made with or without churning. However you will still need either an food processor or a high speed blender (if possible) like a blendtech or vitamix to puree the base of the recipe.
No churn or to churn that’s the question
As mentioned before you can make this recipe without an ice cream maker. The recipe will still turn out just fine but the former will require whisking to avoid freezer burn.
If you do have an ice cream make it will be a lot easier to prepare the ice cream. I would recommend dusting it off and using it instead.
Reasons why you should make homemade ice cream from scratch
Nowadays I rarely purchase ice cream I would much rather enjoy making my own instead. It’s easy and incredibly effortless but it feels like a milestone has been achieved if it’s your first time doing so. In terms of what flavours one can make, absolutely ANY…though the general rule of thumb is to use milk as the base.
I always whip up my ice cream with full fat coconut milk and then include whatever add-ins I see fit.
In this case I made a diabetic friendly chocolate avocado ice cream for my grandmother, she likes ice cream but being afflicted with type 2 diabetes doesn’t permit consuming processed store brought ice cream.
Home made ice cream allows one to enjoy their creature comforts without compromising health.
Avocados are full high density lipoprotein (HDL) a type of good cholesterol that lowers the bad cholesterol which can clog our major arteries and create fatty deposits in the liver. Many people shy away from ALL type of fat in fear of developing cardiovascular disease but the true is we need fats to regulate our hormones AND to fight inflammation.
Can I make chocolate avocado ice cream without coconut milk
Yes, because this is an avocado based ice cream it naturally yield creaminess. You are more than welcome to subsitite coconut milk with another plant based milk such as almond, cashew etc…
- Another thing, if you’re looking to gain weight in a healthy manner I would highly recommend consuming some good fats like avocados, so in a sense while this ice cream isn’t specifically made to gain weight, you can incorporate into a lifestyle where eating something more calorific needed.
- The additional hint of cinnamon is there to add a spicy flare and to also aid blood sugar levels (no huge spike).
- Recommended sweetener as always low glycemic index – coconut nectar, agave or maple syrup.
- This ice cream is gluten free, vegan and paleo friendly
More no churn recipes
Delicious dairy free chocolate avocado ice cream
Chocolate avocado ice cream (vegan style)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 large avocado ripe, pitted and skin removed.
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut nectar can use agave or maple
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder or extract
- If using an ice cream maker, place the bowl in a freezer overnight for at least 4 hours before use.
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blitz into a smooth consistency.
- Once a smooth consistency has been achieved, prepare the ice cream maker and use accordingly to the manufacturer instructions.
- To make without a ice cream maker, once the ingredients have been blended, simply pour into a freezer friendly container and freeze for an hour. After the given time whisk the mixture every 30 minutes for up to 4 hours to omit freezer burn. Over a course of time the ice cream will thicken and then serve accordingly.