Apple pie smoothie recipe – you can’t go wrong with this simple but tasty smoothie made with apples, almond milk, walnuts and cinnamon
I’m sure we are all familiar with the old proverb “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This mantra is never a truer word for health conscious individuals and that is exactly the same sentiment with this vegan apple pie smoothie – delicious gluten free and paleo friendly smoothie is bound to give you that extra boost of energy to start your day.
The health benefits of an apple pie smoothie
Apples are ……
- sweet, tasty and loaded with an abundance of vitamin C – antioxidants which help to fight free radicals that cause damage to the cells.
- Low in fat
- Great for aiding weight loss
- High in fiber and extremely feeling – assisting the keeping blood sugar levels and bad cholesterol (Low density lipoprotein is a good example) in moderation.
- Contains insoluble fibre which also regulates bowel movement, promoting healthy activity and is particularly useful for anyone suffering from constipation.
How to make apple pie smoothie with almond milk
Frozen apples – just like oats and/or bananas in a smoothie, frozen apples in smoothies yield thickness. You may want to follow suit by freezing some chopped apples and using them to make a thickie (smoothie).
Plant based milk – my favourite milk to use in a smoothie is almond milk followed by coconut milk. You can use which ever vegan friendly milk you prefer.
Blender – as there are sooo many delicious ingredients incorporated this recipe. You may want to use a high speed blender such as a vitamix or blend tech to completely pulverize everything into a smoothie.
How to make a apple pie smoothie bowl
Add all of the ingredients to a blender then blend into a smooth consistency
Pour the smoothie with a bowl and top with nuts/fruit
Other ingredients you can add……
- Hemp seeds
- Nut butter
Notes and tips
- Oats and chia seeds make smoothies really thick so add if you want more thickness
- This smoothie can be made by omitting the medjool dates if you wish
- If you want a protein based smoothie add a scoop of your favourite protein powder
- Make this smoothie a meal replacement as it’s super filling
Other smoothie recipes you may likePrint
Apple pie smoothie
Start the day with this delicious apple pie smoothie – vegan, gluten free, paleo friendly
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 3 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Drinks
- 1 Frozen apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1tsp of flaxseed
- 1tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of walnuts (almonds or other nuts work too)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 5 pitted dates (medjool or otherwise)
- , Add all ingredients to blender and blitz on high speed into a smooth and creamy texture forms.