Mango prawn salad recipe – prawns with sweet mango pieces on a bed of romaine lettuce, garnished with red onions and drizzled with a herbaceous dressing
This mango prawn salad is one of my favourite salads to eat, it’s quick, light and filling. Perfect to pack and bring with you to work or why not eat it on a sunny day in the park? You will get all the sweetness that you need from the mango and sweet romaine lettuce.
How to prepare mango prawn salad in a matter of minutes
Use precooked prawns – the prawns featured above are pre-cooked – I purchased them cooked as I find the uncooked ones unappealing.
Perhaps I’m a strange woman, but I loathe the thought of visiting my fish monger and looking at a huge quantity of grey prawns. I probably have a inherited dislike for them because my mother feels the same way.
Use frozen mango – not only is frozen mango cheaper especially in bulk but you can buy them all year around.
Prepare in advance – you can slice the red onion/lettuce and prep the dressing a head of time.
5 Reasons why you should make this healthy prawn salad
- Prawns are packed with protein – essential for building and repairing muscles
- Contains a low fat content
- This salad is perfect for people who are looking for something that tantalises their sweet taste buds with a complementary serving of seafood.
- Will stave away hunger – keeping you fuller for longer
- Salads are so quick and easy to prepare – perfect for on the go!
The prawn salad dressing
I also made a lime dressing which I initially coated the prawns in and drizzled the excess over the entirety of the salad. Make sure to follow the recipe all the way through and include the dressing
Let’s summarise this dish – sweetness + seafood + tanginess = an awesome sweet seafood experience.
More salad recipes
Black bean and corn salad
mango prawn salad recipe
Easy mango prawn salad – Low fat, gluten free, paleo friendly
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Lunch and Salads
- 2 cups of sweet romaine lettuce, chopped and tightly packed
- 1 cup of mango, diced
- 150g of prawns (roughly 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup of red onions, sliced
- For the dressing
- 2tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp of parsley
- 1tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lime
- 1/8 himalayan pink salt
- Arrange the pre chopped ingredients so that they sit on a bed of sweet romaine lettuce (excluding the prawns).
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Toss the prawns into the liquid, ensuring that all the prawns are completely saturated and leave to sit for 2 minutes.
- Remove the prawns from the mixture and place onto the lettuce bed
- , Pour the remaining dressing all over the salad