Last Updated on
Charred asparagus with lemon, that’s generously seasoned with garlic, pink salt and pepper and coated with toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe has to be the perfect sizzling summer appetiser. I know when it’s hot and sunny no one wants to eat hot food, yes I can comprehend that because I share the same sentiment BUT….I’m a sucker for a warm appetiser, something that fits the narrative of the current season and light on the hips.
That’s where my charred asparagus with lemon recipe comes in handy, as I mentioned earlier it’s incredibly light and packs quite a punch when it comes to flavour. I’ve made this recipe repeatedly over the past few months, and it always seems to exceed my expectations. Each time I tweak something, just a tad bit to see how the results differ.
If you’re a fellow foodie you will know what I mean when it comes to perfecting your craft. We are always on the hunt for more and never completely satisfied even if we’re told other wise.
I know how the old saying goes, if it’s not broken don’t fix it, while I totally appreciate that matra I can’t help but fine tweak my recipes.
About the charred asparagus with lemon recipe
What I’m sharing with you today is my handy work for a summer styled charred asparagus appetiser – The blend of citrus with garlic and toasted sesame seeds provide a fruity yet crunchy taste with a zesty flair.
You’ll be amazed by how the flavour combination comes together – If you’re a skeptic, this side dish will blow your mind.
You don’t have to believe me, you simply need to try it.
Go on what are you waiting for…….my asparagus side dish is light, flavoursome, and suitable for almost all dietary requirement.Print
Charred asparagus with lemon
Paleo, vegan, gluten free
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 8 mins
- Category: Appetiser
- A bunch of fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- grated zest of 1 small lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees celsius and line a baking try with parchment paper and set aside
- Use a potato peeler to peel the base of the asparagus as if you were sharpening a pencil.
- Coat the prepared asparagus in the coconut oil.
- Heat up a griddle cast iron griddle pan until it’s smoking hot before adding the asparagus.
- Cook the asparagus until they begin to charr, this should take roughly 5 minutes. While the asparagus sear place the sesame seeds on the baking try and toast for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the asparagus from the pan and arrange on a serving tray.
- Season generously with salt, garlic and pepper and sprinkle with lemon zest and toasted sesame seeds.