Frozen banana smoothie recipe – this dairy free banana smoothie recipe is packed with nutritional value thanks to the fibre, potassium and vitamin c levels.
For the past few days the weather has been perfect in my neck of the woods. You see when you live in a country which consists of constant rainfall with cold, dismal weather. You will practically jump at the chance to try out this ice cold frozen banana smoothie recipe
There’s a sense of gratefulness when the weather transitions from icy cold to warm, hot sunny days. I also like the vibe which summer evokes, people seem to smile more and greet one another. It’s such a nice atmosphere which is why I love summer time more than any other season because people are generally more positive and radiant such warmth.
Reason why you should make this frozen banana smoothie recipe
- Bananas are loaded with potassium
- High in fibre and great for regulating bowel movements
- It’s taste so delicious and is filling
- It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare everything from scratch
- You can drink this smoothie as a meal replacement
- It’s paleo friendly and free from dairy (bonus for the lactose intolerant)
- Moderate fats levels mean you can drink this as part of your weight loss journey
Tips for making your frozen banana smoothie
If you want an extra thick and creamy smoothie then key ingredient is frozen bananas. Once I learnt how the frozen bananas has the ability to turn a box standard smoothie into a “thickie” it was a complete culinary game changer.
The secret to this banana smoothie is adding a small quarter of apple, there’s something about adding an apple to the mix which really enhances the taste. The walnuts provide additional healthy fats and protein too.
This easy frozen banana smoothie recipe is suitable as a meal replacement or simply drink at your leisure to optimise good health.
Frozen banana smoothie recipe
- 1 large banana preferably frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- A small 1/4 of an apple
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- Blitz in high speed blender until smooth consistency is present