How to make vegan mayonnaise that is eggless, free from soy and taste just like the real thing, using only a handful of common pantry ingredients.
Here is another variation recipe – mayonnaise aka mayo. This time I’m doing it vegan style, that’s right I’m talking about whipping up a batch of egg free mayonnaise. Vegan style mayo is perfect for those who lead a dairy free lifestyle or simply vegan – regardless this mayonnaise without egg makes the perfect dip, sauce or even a sandwich filling.
Does mayo have dairy in it?
Now let’s talk more about mayonnaise…or should I say mayo. Well mayonnaise is a thick creamy dressing that’s very popular within the food industry. The good news is that no form of mayonnaise actually contains any type of lactose, so those who are afflicted with a dairy intolerance are okay to eat it.
The main ingredients in mayonnaise is eggs, oil, vinegar, lemon and some water.
Consumers and food enthusiasts are very serious about their dressing, you will never find a restaurant or food establishment which doesn’t offer some form of dressing or have it placed on the table, readily available to use.
Based on it’s value in society I thought it was time for me to step up my A game with some foolproof egg free mayo. It’s vegan style and free from those dreaded additives and preservatives.
This recipe for egg free mayonnaise calls for the following;
- Blanched almonds/sunflower seeds
- Coconut oil (any other unrefined oil can do)
- mustard powder
- Himalayan pink salt
- Black pepper
How to make mayonnaise without eggs
What I did was puree some blanched almonds in the blender with some other condiments – mustard powder, black pepper, pink salt, lemon and coconut oil.
You can use sunflower seeds instead of almonds and yield the same results – I have tried both.
The coconut oil will give the mixture a wonderful silky smooth texture with some medium chain fats that are easily digestible and optimise our body’s good fats.
Other ways of making vegan mayonnaise
You can also make mayonnaise using the following ingredients;
- Almond milk
- chickpea water (aquafaba)
- Olive oil
No more boring salads, salad just got healthy again with the best vegan mayo recipe
Recipes that you can use this vegan mayonnaise with;
How to make egg free mayonnaise
Make your very own mayonnaise from scratch
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Category: Extra
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup of blanched almonds or sunflower seeds (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender with the exception of the coconut oil and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Begin to add a small amount of coconut oil to the blender until the right consistency is achieved. Pour in some more if necessary then taste and season accordingly.
- When finished store in a jar and use within a few days.
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, keto