Jamaican sexy juice recipe – This dairy free delicious beverage is like a little secret jewel sweet fresh pineapple blended with condensed milk and nutmeg.
If you’re ever attended a Caribbean, more specifically Jamaican function you are guaranteed to find some Jamaican sexy juice aka pineapple punch on the menu. You’ll probably find yourself wondering about the remarkable taste of this fruity beverage.
This recipe is quite low key, yet simple to make – using four main ingredients. The reason why I describe the recipe as being “low key” is due in part to being rather difficult to trace, it’s virtually a well guarded secret and I’m about to share it with you guys.
Thankfully you can bring some island spice to your kitchen, although summer is officially over here in the UK. If you’re fortunate enough to reside in a hot tropical paradise then why not try this non alcoholic pineapple punch.
Where the name “Sexy Juice” actually derives from, nobody knows. Perhaps it’s that sexy feeling which manifests itself or maybe it’s a drink exclusive to sexy people?
Whatever the case you’re in for a big surprise with this one and let me detail more about the four stars of the show. The original recipes calls for pineapple juice, usually the store brought kind which is made from concentrate, condensed milk made from cows milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
How to make pineapple punch (sexy juice)
My recipe is a complete overhaul I used fresh pineapple, my vegan condensed coconut milk and nutmeg.
Since we are using a fresh pineapple to serve as the base of the recipe, we have to extract the juice first. Don’t worry this won’t take very long and it’s not as intimidating as it looks.
I simply cut and sliced up the interior, blitz the pineapple with water and used a strainer to extract the juice. From there I added the other three ingredients.
Do I have to use fresh pineapple to make Jamaican sexy juice?
No, you don’t have to cut up a pineapple to yield the same results. You can use freshly squeezed pineapple, a large carton of juice if you don’t want to use the actual fruit
Is it normal to have froth on top of the juice?
Yes, especially if you use a powerful blender like a Vitamix, it’s normal for some froth to form on top. Simply skim it off or stir it until it disappears
Other Caribbean drink recipes to try
Jamaican Sexy Juice (pineapple punch )
- 1 large fresh pineapple or use a large carton of fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 100ml/4oz cup of vegan condensed milk, use more if required (see post for recipe link)
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla powder or extract
- Cut the top and bottom of the pineapple and slice away the skin on the outside to reveal the yellow flesh.
- Slice the pineapple horizontally and then chop into small chunks.
- Pour the pineapple chunks and water into the blender and blitz until it's all broken down.
- Use a large strainer or cheesecloth to extract the juice (press down or squeeze firmly, depending on your chosen method).
- Add the nutmeg, vanilla and condensed milk to the jug of pineapple and sweeten to taste. Give the large jug of juice a good stir or you can use a blender instead which may result in froth which is normal
- Serve immediately